Welcome to Western Uusimaa, Southpoint Finland!
During the summer of 2015, Friman Travel will arrange day tours to Fiskars Village.
Western Uusimaa is a region located along the southern coast of Finland, between Helsinki and Turku. Western Uusimaa’s easternmost municipality is Kirkkonummi and Hanko, the southernmost town of Finland, marks the most westerly point of the region. To the north, the region also includes the many lakes of Lohja. Beyond the south coast, thousands of islands in the archipelago are scattered like a jigsaw puzzle in the sea.
Western Uusimaa - why here?
- It’s a stone’s throw from Helsinki and Turku and also within easy reach from Tampere.
- Quaint small towns and peaceful countryside.
- A lot of cosiness and wonderful locally produced delicacies.
- Bilingual culture (Finnish, Swedish) that has developed over centuries of history.
- Finland’s industrial cradle: Historic ironworks, with Fiskars setting the standard for modern design fused with traditional surroundings.
- The sea and its outstanding archipelago, lakes brimming with fish to catch and creeks to explore by canoe.
The day tours arranged by Friman Travel offer a new destination for every day of the week, Monday to Friday.
Departure point is from Kiasma museum bus stop (Mannerheimintie) in Helsinki.
Seats are limited, so please choose your favourite tour here and book your seat now!
Look forward to seeing you soon!